• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Aug 15, 2009

Gross Lady On The Train

So I'm on the train going to Connecticut. It's crowded and I'm looking for a seat. A totally disgusting woman is taking up 4 seats--there are two seats facing two seats and she's sitting in the middle on one side and has one of her feet up on the other side. She's not wearing any shoes and her dirty-ass socks are out for everyone to see.

Now, even though I'm not sure if I can muster up the courage to sit next to THE FOOT, I start looking around for a place to put my bags anyway because, again, the train is crowded. As I do, she starts chiming in, giving her opinion on everything I'm doing because she's one of those people who needs to TALK TALK TALK and make sure everyone can hear... "That bag ain't gonna fit there," she says, and "You gonna need to put that one on it's side..." Did I mention she has horrendous grammar? She does.

So anyway, I ignore what she's saying and quickly realize that there's no way I can sit near her because I now know THE FOOT SMELLS, so I put my bags near the door of the car and plop down on top of one of them. My head disappears when I do, so naturally she starts asking everyone, "Where'd she go?" because up until now she thought I was going to sit next to her. I don't answer because I don't need to explain myself to a complete stranger. When it suddenly dawns on her that I'm not actually sitting in a seat, she yells, "Oh, tell me she ain't sitting on the floor!" I wasn't, but she didn't know that. Then she goes, "That just ain't sanitary...."

This, coming from a woman with no shoes, dirty socks and smelly feet on the train.

I hate her.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak