• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Aug 17, 2009

Born To Love Gap - Part 2

Yay! Free jeans! Yay!

Okay, so a few weeks after having coffee with Justine my sugarmama, a UPS man brought me a big box from Gap.

Born To Fit Welcome Box


I was super-excited to receive it because I knew that I had either been chosen to become a Gap Brand Enthusiast or I was about to read the longest "We regret to inform you..." letter ever written. After quickly tearing it open, I opened it up and found a lovely orange bag, a bottle of Gap's new perfume Close, a bunch of lip gloss, and a cute tee that says "Born to Blog" on it.

Here's everything minus the tee (which you'll see later!):

Gap bag, lip gloss, "Close" perfume


There was also a letter from Justine inside that said, "It didn't take long after meeting you for the team to decide that you would make a perfect Brand Enthusiast for Gap..."

Welcome Letter


The letter went on to explain that Justine was going to send me a big box of Gap goodies—including a bunch of new 1969 jeans in different styles and a run of sizes—so I should invite all my friends over to try them on. Everyone would then get to go home with a free pair. Free stuff is great, but when you get to share it with your friends, it's even better!

The next step was planning my party. For that, you are going to have to wait for Part 3!

PS - Part 5 is where I tell you about the FREE Gap jeans & gift card giveaway!

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak