• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Aug 14, 2009

Born To Love Gap - Part 1

Yay! Free jeans! Yay!

Okay, so here's how it all began...

So a couple of months ago a nice girl named Justine sent me an email asking if I'd be interested in becoming a Gap Brand Enthusiast. Gap has just redesigned their denim line for the first time in 25 years or something and they were going to chose about 150 bloggers from around the country to help launch it. The line is called 1969 Jeans.




Of course I said yes because I love Gap. I mean, who doesn't love Gap? I've been wearing Gap for years, back when all they had were jeans and sweatpants in every color folded nice and neatly in the wall. (Remember that?) I also worked at Gap during college and was even once employee of the month. (I was really good in the fitting rooms, and, if I had enough caffeine in me, folding the denim wall. I was also a good greeter, but sometimes my abundance of energy frightened the customers so they didn't let me do that too often.)

Anywho, a few days later I met Justine for coffee and had a little interview. After chatting about the new denim line and the "Born To Fit" campaign, she took me shopping and bought me a whole new outfit. For reals. I got a cute white tee, a pair of lovely gray linen pants, and a purple scarf. I now like to refer to Justine as my sugar mama.

My Gap Ad

She was really such a nice person. And how fun does her job sound? She got to travel around and meet bloggers from all over the country.

Anywho, after thanking Justine I went home and waited on pins and needles to find out if I was going to be chosen to be a Gap Brand Enthusiast.

To be continued...

PS - We don't get to Part 2 and, more importantly, to the FREE JEANS GIVEAWAY unless 20 people comment on this post. (Gap gave me free jeans, people! I need to show them I have readers...) (Oops! Did I just spoil the story?)

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak