• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Aug 20, 2009

Born To Love Gap - Part 3

Yay! Free jeans! Yay!

So anyway, after being chosen to be a Gap Brand Enthusiast, I planned my "Born To Fit" party to take place last Thursday evening. I was supposed to invite about fifteen people, and while I can fit fifteen people in my apartment, I wasn't sure how comfortable we'd all be. And also, even though I'm less than three miles from Manhattan, the thought of going to Brooklyn frightens people. Because of these two things, I asked my friend Cristin if I could have the party at her apartment. Not only is her place larger than mine, but she lives in the West Village right by the West 4th stop, so it's much easier for everyone to get to. She said yes. With the date and location finally picked, I sent out these super-cute evites:

Reminder-1


As the day of the party grew near, Justine sent me two big boxes of goodies. In addition to a gazillion pairs of 1969 jeans, she sent me snacks, including little bags of M&M's that said, "Born To Indulge" and "Born To Love"...

Born To Indulge


Microwave popcorn that said, "Born To Pop"...

Born To Pop


And a super-cute snack bowl to hold it all that said, "Born To Snack."

Born To Snack


She also sent a camera that said "Born To Smile"...

Born To Smile

Born To Smile


And my favorite. thing. ever... a Flip Video Mino HD video camera with the 1969 Gap logo emblazoned across the front and "What were you born to do?" printed at the top.

Born To Flip

Born To Flip

Born To Flip

Born To Flip


The last two things were sent so I could record the party and blog about it. When you think about it, it's kind of a brilliant marketing campaign by Gap, don't you think? Send a bunch of awesome things to 150 bloggers across the country and let them run wild with it. Loves it.

In addition to the jeans and goodies, also in the box were two $50 gift cards that I could either give away at the party or on my blog (I chose my blog because I love you!) and a bunch of gift certificates for free jeans redeemable at any Gap store for people who couldn't find the right size/style jeans at the party.

Part 4 coming soon: My "Born To Fit" party... with pictures!

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak