• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Feb 22, 2009

Daily Tweet Roundup

Me, today:

  • Beverly's putting on a purple pinafore for the awards tonight. And what are you wearing? #
  • Watching the red carpet with my mom & step-dad. The commentary is amazing. My step-dad just said someone's dress was "crummy." #
  • Watching Mickey Rourke on Barbara Walters. I produced a show at Ananda with Carre Otis once and she was such a fab, real person. #
  • I'm six minutes behind. Starting now. Kate Winslet looks beautiful. #
  • Don't like Amy Adams necklace. #
  • My mom on SJP: "That dress is disgusting. It looks like she's going to prom." #
  • Best dressed so far: Taraji P. Henson. #
  • I love Miley Cyrus' dress. She looks so cute. She's a teenager; she can pull it off. #
  • Oh, oh! Penelope Cruz. New best-dressed. Nice... #
  • What's going on by Marisa Tomei's boobie? #
  • It's starting! It's starting! Arguing with Mark right now. He thinks it's too dark. I like it. #
  • Standing ovation for Hugh. So deserved. Nice one. #
  • Mark thinks this new format is "capturing the glamour, excitement and magic that movies represent." He's so gay. (But so right.) #
  • Yay! Milk! Yay! Milk! #
  • Re: Dustin Lance Black... I thought it was obvious, but after his acceptance speech my mom goes, "Is he gay?" #
  • Arguing with my mom about SJP's boobs. She thinks boob-job; I don't. Thoughts? #
  • That last guy needed to be pulled off the stage ala Gong Show. #
  • I just want to put it out there: I loved Australia. #
  • Mark, totally excited, right after the musical number: "If Sean Penn wins these will be the gayest academy awards ever!!!" #
  • Zac Efron again? Quite a presence at the Academy Awards. They're trying to lure in the youngsters, I bet. #
  • Paul Newman, Paul Newman... those eyes... gorgeous 'til the day he died. #
  • Sophia is bringing it. Look at those hooters! #
  • I want Meryl! She was so amazing in Doubt. #
  • Oh, Kate's dad with his hat! God love him. Tears, here. #
  • HARVEY MILK! MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED! #
  • Mark: Alright, here it is: The only thing going for Mickey is that dead dog... #
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak