• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Feb 2, 2009

Château du Sureau

I have to start my updates by telling you about Château du Sureau, the fancy place Mark and I stayed in Yosemite. (It's actually about 45 minutes from the entrance of the park, in Oakhurst, CA.)

In short, this place was amazing. The bed was TO DIE FOR. It was the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on in my life. The linens, the pillows... it was heaven on a box-spring. If you're looking to jazz up your bed, this is the stuff to buy. They sell it on their website. I say start with the pillows, then get the linens, then the goose down comforter, and then the mattress. Or, you could start with the mattress if you really need a new one.

Anywho, here's Mommy's little muffin sleeping on the bed:

Sleepy puppy in a French chateau


And here are a couple more pictures of the chateau:

Chateau du Sureau

Chateau du Sureau

It was gorgeous.

Back to Bev, I called ahead and asked if I could bring her and they said yes. The owner, Erna, has a Coton du Tulear and there's a picture of her on their website, so I thought they'd be accommodating.

Here's Erna and her Coton:



She was a lovely woman.

What else about this place... Oh, yes, the bath products. I expected them to have some fancy French bathroom products, but they had stuff by H20+. At first I was a little disappointed, but then I used them and OMG, my hair is AMAZING. It's soft and silky, and it has absolutely no build-up on it whatsoever. I mean, who knew H20+ had such nice products? I haven't heard about them or used anything by them in so long that I forgot. The shampoo I used was the Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo and the conditioner was Marine Collagen Conditioner. Here they are:




I can't remember the last time I used a product and told people to run out and buy it now, but you need to run out and buy it now. I just went to their website and bought a bunch because I'm afraid they'll go out of business. (Not that I heard they will, but I haven't heard about them in so long, and with the economy the way it is... Oy.)

Two more things...

  1. This place is über-romantic. The fact that I was there with my dog and gay best friend... well, that was a little sad.
  2. If you go, you have to eat at the restaurant... Erna's Elderberry House. It's ridiculously expensive, but, my God, worth every penny. From the NY Times review...
One of the most renowned eateries in the Yosemite area, this elegant restaurant at Château du Sureau is a feast for the eyes, with a contemporary seating area with purple walls and modern prints adjoining a more traditionally elegant room. Likewise, it is a feast for the taste buds, with a nightly changing menu that might include any number of European culinary traditions sculpted into a meal that is definitively Californian...

Okay, more to come!

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak