"No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment."
— Oprah
"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."
— Obama
"If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed."
— Kanye
"You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once."
— Harry
"You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river."
— Matt Foley
Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.
What I Just Read
My rating: (I need to cry for 5 stars.)Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.
I'm on the train going to my sister's house right now because my dad's in town for a visit. I'm wearing my new over-the-ear headphones. I hate the earbud ones. They give me a headache and I can hear my head bzzzzzzz when I wear them (which is my brain working hard, no doubt.)
What you can't see is that I'm dancing in this picture.