• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Mar 7, 2009

Bev's Leash

Beverly's leash disappeared when I was in Los Angeles. I'm not saying Mark and David stole it, but the circumstances surrounding its disappearance are rather suspicious. I mean, one day I had it, and the next I didn't. The only logical explanation is that someone took it.

I've already ruled out Carmella the cleaning lady. I had a nice conversation with her while she was cleaning the kitchen one day and she told me that her apartment building doesn't allow dogs so she doesn't have one. I've also ruled out Heidi the dog walker because she doesn't come upstairs when she picks up Brisco and Gertie, and that's where the leash was. The only people in close proximity of it were Mark and David, so you can draw your own conclusions.

They claim to have looked for it in my bedroom at their house, but I don't think they did a thorough enough job. I mean, did they lift up the carpet? Look under the bed? In the closet? They also keep telling me to look inside my suitcase, like I haven't already done that and emptied the thing out. I think they're trying to send me on a wild goose chase to throw me off their trail. I mean, don't you see why I'm suspicious? How does a leash just disappear?

Two gay men steal it, that's how.

Anywho, Bev and I just dropped forty big ones on a new one today at Trixie and Peanut, because that's how much the one we decided upon cost. It's a beautiful striped Ella Dish number that resembles her last one, but the colors are different and don't exactly go with her red harness, which kind of bums me out.

I want her old leash back. It has sentimental value. I made this sign. There's a reward attached to the person who finds it.

Missing Leash


Here's a close-up:

Close-up

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak