• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Mar 4, 2009

Billy Elliot

Oh, wow... was it ever amazing.

First, sorry for the delay in posting this, but I'm sick. Again. Every time I go to my sister's house I leave with a cold of some sort. It's the kids... I love them, but I'm beginning to believe that all little kids are germ farms.

So anywho, despite the fact that I was feeling like crap yesterday, I went to see Billy Elliot last night and had a glorious time. I went my new friend Jenny who lives in my neighborhood. She's so nice. Here's a link to her blog.

If you know about the show, three different boys alternate playing the role of Billy. We had David Alvarez, a classically trained ballerina and an adorable little kid. His dancing blew me away. He's Cuban, but from Canada, and his family moved to New York so he could attend The American Ballet Theater's Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School. (To which he received a full scholarship, btw.)

Here are the boys on The View:



Because they alternate playing the lead role of Billy, there was all sorts of chatter about this year's Tony Awards, and the administration committee just ruled that they'll be considered jointly for a nomination. So, if they're nominated and win, they'll share the Tony. I hope they do!

What else... Oh, we had the understudy for the dance teacher, Mrs. Wilkinson. Her name was Jayne Paterson and she was so good that I have a hard time believing the other one could be better. So party on, Jayne. You rocked it.

Go see the show! Men, women, children—it's something everyone will enjoy. It's at the Imperial Theater (which, btw alchies, has a bar inside the theater [as opposed to the lobby] so you can bring your drinks back to your seat and party through the performance) and they're selling tickets from now through January 2010.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak