• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Nov 28, 2007

My New Dress

Hello everyone! I just got back from Bloomingdale's and got a new dress for my party. Yay! It's by Trina Turk. Here are two pictures of it:


It's cute, right?

I wanted to show you both pictures because I didn't get a necklace to wear with it like the chick in the first pic is wearing. (I didn't think a necklace would work with it, honestly, and was surprised to see the model on TT's website wearing one.) Instead, I got these fabulous earrings and a chunky gold bracelet:


To give you an idea of how the earrings look as opposed to a necklace, I took a picture of myself with my computer. It's not the best, but it should do.


What do you think? Should I go back out tomorrow in search of a necklace or do they work? I'm thinking I like the earrings.

As for shoes, while I would've loved nothing more than to drop a few hundo a new pair, I resisted the urge and decided to wear these lovely Chloe heels I got last year:


(To all the men out there with shoe fetishes... you're welcome for the boner, you little pervs. To everyone else... yes, I'm pale. It's winter.)

So, what do you think about everything?

Please note before you comment: I have ZERO credit card debt, so no lectures, please. I rarely shop these days and live in leggings, jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, etc. It's okay to treat yourself to something nice every once in a while, which is what I've done on this fine November day. Besides, I'm a woman, dammit. Indulging my sensual side with sexy heels and a killer dress every now and then is necessary. (I know I didn't need to write this disclaimer, but I don't want you all to think I'm slipping back into my old ways.)

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak