• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Nov 26, 2007

Pussy Willow, Pussy Willow, Pussy Willow

I recently saw a picture of a pussy willow and was reminded of a time a few years ago when I'd call my friends on the phone, whisper "pussy willow" to them three times, and then hang up.

"Pussy willow, pussy willow, pussy willow."

I don't know why I did this except that I thought the word was funny, and somehow saying it three times made me think it would bring me (or them) good luck.

This memory, along with the fact that I like to use the word "pussyfoot," made me realize that I like to use clean words with the word "pussy" in them. (Or even just "puss," like "puss-in-boots.")

Having finally recognized this, I decided to look up other "pussy" words in the dictionary to see what else was out there. Here's what I found:

Dust pussies noun
Dust bunnies (like under the bed)
"You sure have a lot of dust pussies under your bed."

Pussy gut noun
A pot belly
"Tony Soprano's got one hell of a pussy gut."

Pussyball noun
A softball (as opposed to a baseball)
"I've never been good at baseball or pussyball."

Pussy bump noun
A small pimple on your face
"Jessica Simpson had a lot of pussy bumps on her face before she started using Proactiv."

Pussy in the corner noun
A child's game. Sometimes also called "pussy on the pole."
"What do you say we play a game of 'pussy in the corner' like we did in the old days?"

Pussy plant noun
A lady's slipper
"I can't wait to take these heels off and slip my feet into a nice pair of pussy plants."


I'm going to implement these words into my vocabulary as soon as possible, and I hope you do, too.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak