Why Twitter is great:
I'm sitting in my apartment and hear a lot of helicopter activity outside, so I go to NY1's website to see if I can find out what's going on, but they haven't reported anything yet. So then I think, How can I find out what's going on right now shy of getting a police scanner? (That would be very old lady of me, no?) By doing a Twitter search, of course. So, I go to Twitter and search for "helicopter" and find out that a car drove in Gowanus Canal, which is not too far away from my apartment.
Even if you hate Twitter, you should use it for things like this. Real-time search results. No waiting for a blogger to write a story about what's going on then waiting for their RSS feed to pick it up so it shows up in blog search results. Quick, easy answers.
May 9, 2009
Twitter Search
© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak



