• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Jun 11, 2008

My Pets = My Family

I'm at my sister's house in Connecticut right now, soaking up the central-air-conditioned air. I ended up taking an eleven o'clock train here Sunday night after losing power in my apartment. I packed my bags and made my way down three flights of stairs in a pitch-black building carrying my dog, cat, and bag using only the light of my BlackBerry. I then walked to the subway in the middle of a lightening storm, positive I was going to get struck. But I didn't and I'm alive and so are my pets.

If I didn't have Elvis and Bev, I probably would've stayed in New York Sunday night. But it was supposed to be 97 degrees on Monday, and while I could've found an air-conditioned place for me to go to if my electricity still wasn't working, it would've been more difficult to find a place for me, Beverly and Elvis to go. I live on the fourth floor of a walk-up (the penthouse, baby!), and even when the AC is working, it gets hot up there in the summertime. There was no way I could've left my babies up there without air. My pets are my family; I'm responsible for their well-being.

I know the majority of people who read this blog are animal lovers who don't need me to tell them to take extra precautions when caring for their pets during record-breaking temperatures, but I'm going to do it anyway: TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WHEN CARING FOR YOUR PETS WHEN IT'S HOT OUTSIDE. They're domesticated animals and they can and will overheat just like you.

This message was paid for by the following panting animals:


My Hot Dog (And Cat) from Karyn Bosnak on Vimeo.

I know the above video is incredibly short and boring, but I just wanted to show off my lil babies.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak