I was one of the 1,500 people in Brooklyn who lost power:
Manhole fires in Brooklyn yesterday caused disruptions on five subway lines Sunday evening and cut power to up to 1,500 residents in Boerum Hill.
“Around 5:45 p.m., a manhole fire at Dean and Smith streets disabled power to signals on F and G lines, while nearby, at Bergen Street and Fourth Avenue, problems on the power lines cut electricity to signals on the Nos. 2, 3, and 4 lines. Subway service was shut down along section of the lines, mostly between Brooklyn and Manhattan, for more than an hour.”
No word on whether all power has been restored.
After I lost power, the temperature in my apartment started to rise. I thought 85 degrees was unbearable, but then it got to 86, then 87, then 88...
At 89, I grabbed Beverly and Elvis and hightailed it out of there.
Story in a few.
(Via Gowanus Lounge via amNY)



