• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Apr 30, 2008

QueerJoe, Kate The Cat, Knit Vs. Knitted

As some of you may know, I'm a knitter, so I'm always checking out other people's knitting blogs. Recently I stumbled upon one that made me laugh, simply because of the name:


Ha ha! Men knit, you know. In fact, I once tried to teach Mark, but he didn't have the patience for it. (Not that I do... I have more unfinished projects than finished ones, but doesn't every knitter?) Anyway, QueerJoe's Knitting Blog is pretty good! You should check it out if you like to knit.

Speaking of knitting, my mom and I babysat my niece and nephew this past weekend while my sister and brother-in-law went to Jazz Fest in New Orleans to celebrate his birthday. Nora has always slept with a hundred babies and toys in her crib, and I was happy to see that "Kate the Cat"—a toy that I knit for her a couple years ago—is still among them. Here's a picture; Kate is the pink and orange thing in the top right corner:

(Pay no attention to the Cabbage Patch butt by Nora's face.)

I wanted to show you "Kate the Cat" because it's one of the few knitting projects I've actually finished. I get bored easily, and all of the changing of yarns in this pattern made it fun. Here are some pictures from when I gave it to Nora. (Look how little she was!)



In case you want to make your own "Kate the Cat," here's a link to the pattern on knitty.com. (It's free!) I followed the directions exactly but then felted it to cover up my mistakes. ;)

PS - The last time I wrote about knitting my pink hat, Mark and I argued over the past tense of the word "knit."

I think "knit" is correct; he thinks "knitted" is correct.

After Googling it, I learned that this subject is often debated. (Who knew? There were 23,000 posts about it.) Apparently "knit" is an irregular verb so that's why the confusion. As for which term is correct—"knit" or "knitted"—both are, but "knit" is more correct. (Well, that's the consensus, anyway.) So ha! Mark... I'm more right than you.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak