• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Apr 4, 2008

Oprah's Puppy Mill Show

So Oprah aired the puppy mill show today.

I recorded it but I don't know if I can watch it.

Mark is yelling at me right now, saying I have to.

Who watched?

UPDATE: Okay, now Mark is pissed. As I was publishing this post, he got all serious with me on the IM, saying he's not joking, I need to see it, it's important.

I know it is.

I should watch it now.

Maybe I'll watch it now.

UPDATE 2: Okay, I just started the show and Oprah said, "Our show today is for anybody anywhere who loves a dog, has ever loved a dog, or just cares about their basic right to humane treatment."

I already have tears in my eyes. I mean, just from that.

UPDATE 3: I'm a mess.



UPDATE 4:
From Oprah's website, the following organizations and resources offer additional information on adopting animals and fighting back against puppy mills.

Main Line Animal Rescue

The Humane Society of the United States

Lange Foundation

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Petfinder
Adoption service associated with the Animal Planet television series, including links to shelters across North America.

Dogs in Danger

Pets 911
Features searchable lost and found dogs and information about neutering, adoption and training.

World Animal Net
Search for local shelters and adoptable pets.

PetHarbor
Search for local shelters, rescues and adoptable pets.

Best Friends Animal Society
Largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak