• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Feb 1, 2008

Attention Foodies!

Actually, attention EVERYONE!

I have some very exciting news to share with you... My step-sister, Tracy, is a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off!

I know, I know, I know... you're probably all thinking, You have a step-sister? Why, yes, I do! I have two, in fact, and one step-brother—but those other two aren't important right now. The important one is Tracy.

Tracy is the queen of the kitchen, the ruler of the range, the owner of the oven, the—okay, I'll stop. Bottom line, she makes tasty treats that would make your mouth water, your taste buds tango, and your tummy ache (in a good way).

And she has a cooking blog. Rah Cha Chow, that's what it's called. Cute n' clever name, isn't it? Check it out.

The reason I'm telling you about Tracy is that, out of the tens of thousands of people who submitted a recipe to this year's Pillsbury Bakeoff contest, Tracy was picked as one of the 100 finalists. The big competition goes down in April, and the cook with the best recipe wins—get this—a million dollars!

Here's a little history about the contest. It's been going on for 43 years.

And here's a link to Tracy's recipe: Jalepeno Popper Cups. It's the perfect Super Bowl party goodie!

Vote for Tracy's recipe! Please, please, please! It's kind of a pain because you have to register, but please do it anyway!

Okay, off to the Bahamas now!

xx

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak