• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Sep 6, 2007

50 Cent Vs. Kanye

So these two jokers have albums coming out on the same day and are challenging each other as to who's going to sell more copies. (You probably didn't need the recap, but my mom's been reading this blog—say hi to her!—and she will.) If I had to choose between them and say who I hope sells more, I'd go Fiddy all the way. Not because I necessarily like his music more than Kanye's, but he was a crack dealer and crack dealers are cool.

I'm kidding. Drugs aren't funny. Well, maybe mild ones are... but not crack. You know what else isn't funny? Meth. If there are any little kids reading this blog (God, I hope there aren't), don't ever do meth. It's what I call a "dumb drug", like it will literally cause brain damage and make you retarded. I'm not joking—you will become retarded if you start doing meth. And your teeth will probably fall out, too. And you might even scratch your face off. Listen kiddies, if you need speed, be smart and stick with cocaine like everyone else.

Oh my Gosh, I'm kidding again. My mother's gonna be horrified... I'm sorry, Mom! I'm just a little slap-happy this morning, that's all. Too much coffee, because caffeine is my drug of choice. See? You raised me well.

Back to 50 Cent... he didn't sell drugs on purpose, he was a victim of circumstance. I saw his movie. His mom was killed when he was 6 or 8 or something and he just fell into it, you know? It happens. The important thing is that he doesn't sell them any more, he just sings about it. Seriously though, I love him and his slur. (He got shot, Mom, like eight times by another drug dealer and it caused him to have a slur.) I also like Kanye, though, and especially love that new song of his, "Now that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger..." It's very inspirational. But I'm still sticking with 50.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak