• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Nov 2, 2006

What's YOUR number?

I did an interview this morning with Johny D & The Morning Crew from Tower 98-3 in Toledo, Ohio. We talked a little bit about savekaryn.com, and then about the new book and "numbers," and whether or not "20" is high for a woman. I thought about this before I wrote the book. You see, in New York, where people stay single longer, I think it's pretty common for a woman to sleep with twenty men. But in the rest of the country, I'm not so sure.

So, I have two questions for you...

1) Would you consider a woman who's number is "20" a slut? Like men, if you were dating someone and she told you she slept with nineteen other guys before you, would you be like, "Man, girl gets around..." Or would you not think twice about it?

2) What's your number? I've never really asked.

<---- Polls are to the left. For the first question, I'm not giving you a "maybe" answer choice, because that's just an easy way out. And don't tell me what you want to think, tell me what you really thing. Like maybe you don't want to think "20" is high, but you can't help the fact that you do. Or maybe you don't give a crap about it and feel guilty, because you should care, right? What really goes through your mind?

As for the "What's your number?" poll, I made two: a pink one for women to take, and a blue one for men.


To leave on a funny note, I used to talk about spending too much money during interviews, now I just talk about sex. With that, I've discovered a new motto, one aimed toward men who might be considering asking me out...

"Gentlemen... I might spend all your money, but at least I put out." ;)

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak