• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Nov 14, 2006

Kicking Shins

I was just IMing with Manic Mom and we were discussing ways to increase traffic to our blogs. I suggested we mud wrestle and she said...

ManicMom (5:01:33 AM): ha. you would kick my butt even tho I'm bigger than you.

Karyn (5:02:05 AM): i kicked a girl in the shins in high school once
Karyn (5:02:09 AM): im not proud of it

ManicMom (5:04:00 AM): i hit a guy over the head with my skateboard when he called me an ape.

Karyn (5:04:23 AM): that's awesome

ManicMom (5:08:15 AM): It was a lime green skateboard, and I ran like hell after I hit him over the head, screaming and crying the whole way, fearful that he would catch me and beat the sh*t out of me.
So, now I open this up to you... what are some things you've done that you aren't proud of? Physical things, like slapping someone, pulling their hair, etc. Dish.

PS - I talk about my shin-kicking incident to this day. When I get into an argument with someone, I jokingly say, "You better watch out or I'm gonna start kickin' some shins!"

PPS - I just remembered another one... I once bit my sister on the shoulder because she wouldn't get out of my room. I got in HUGE trouble. HUGE. "Animals bite, not people!!!" my mom screamed.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak