• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

May 24, 2006

I HAVE A MOUSE!!!!!

<--- (I'm not dirty; my wood floors just need to be redone.)
OMG... I HAVE A MOUSE IN MY APARTMENT AGAIN RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT! (2:38am EST) SO GET THIS... I'm sleeping tonight, all sleepy-sleep in my bed when all of the sudden Bev starts barking wildly and jumps off my bed. Sometimes she and Elvis play in the middle of the night so I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I realized... this was a different bark. I quickly sat up, looked out my bedroom door and into the living room (thank God I sleep with a night light--I do so for moments just like these) and saw both her and Elvis standing guard outside a closet, staring into it.

I stood up, walked over to them and neither of them moved from their spot. I looked inside the closet and didn't see anything, so I shut it. Bev went back to bed (outta sight, outta mind for her, I guess), but Elvis is still paroling the area, pacing back and forth outside the door, peering underneath. I hear something inside making noise, like a chewing, gnawing noise--it has to be a mouse! What else could it be?

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I don't have a roommate anymore--what am I supposed to do? I hate, hate, hate rodents. I can deal with a roach--I don't like them but I can deal with them--but a mouse I cannot. In my first book, that whole big mouse/baby rat fiasco (we're still not sure what it was), was pretty much the worst day of my life.

So, I don't have many choices on what to do here. I can lock the babies (Elvis and Bev) in the bathroom (because I don't want them to get it), then try to muster up the courage to open the closet door and shoo the bastard out with a broom.

Okay, who am I kidding--If I see it I'll close my eyes and scream bloody murder, then have no idea where he ran off to.

Okay, next option... I can plug up the bottom of the door with a t-shirt or something so he doesn't get away while I'm gone (the steel wool I have is in the very closet that little MF-er ran into), run to the corner store, buy a mouse trap and attempt to "toss" it in the closet when I get back. PROBLEM: I have $1.35 in my wallet and $7 in my checking account. How much are mousetraps? (I'm getting paid tomorrow. Life's really glamorous as a writer--isn't it?)

Whatever I decide, I'm popping a Xanax first. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak