• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Mar 2, 2007

Support Your Independent Bookseller

This is a shout-out to BESTSELLERS Bookstore & Coffee Co. in Mason, Michigan. They're an independent bookstore that sells books and coffee, and they happen to carry my book.

Thank you, Bestsellers!

And now, a note...

Please support your local independent bookseller! I support the independent bookseller in my neighborhood... BookCourt on Court Street in Brooklyn. -->

Thank you, BookCourt, for being wonderful. (Even though you don't carry my books.)

I s'pose this might be partly my fault, though, because I've never said, "Hey, I live right around the corner... will you carry my books?" Because then what if they get the books, and what if no one buys the books? I mean, how embarrassing would that be for me? And then they'd feel weird when I visit, too, like... "Do we tell her that no one's buying her books?"

I'd go in there today and ask but I feel like the whole thing is a ship that's passed. They'd look up 20 Times, see that it came out in July, and be like, "You've been in here a thousand times since then, why haven't you asked us to do this before, silly?" And then I'd grumble and be like, "Well, I wasn't sure..." and I'd come across sounding like as a total loser, WHICH I AM because I haven't asked my local bookseller, OF WHICH I'M A REGULAR CUSTOMER, to stock my books.

Sh*t. When did I become so neurotic?

Now, wait, wait, wait—I'm forgetting to mention a couple of things. 1) They did carry Save Karyn when it came out; they just don't anymore. 2) I was under the impression that they were gonna carry 20 Times because I befriended a guy who worked there and he said he was gonna order it. But then he quit or got fired or something, and I looked and looked when the book came out and I couldn't find it. I think it was that small detail that made the whole "me asking" thing a little awkward. Like, was 20 Times on order and did they cancel it because the fired guy ordered it?

F*ck it. I'm gonna go in there this weekend and ask.

Do you work at an indie bookstore that carries my book? If so, let me know! And thank you!

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak