• “If ever there was a musical waiting to be written, it's Karyn Bosnak's tale...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “That endearing Holly Golightly of the digital age...”
    — Gawker
  • “An annoying twenty-something who needs to be sent to her room. Without supper. And pronto.”
    — Austin American-Statesman
  • “Sweet and sincere...”
    — Toronto Sun
  • “Almost pathological...”
    — The Times of London
  • “Smartly coiffed.”
    — Chicago Tribune
  • “The best reason yet to euthanize the Internet...”
    — The Orange County Register
  • “Utterly shameless...”
    — Detroit Free Press
  • “An undeniable success..."
    — The Associated Press
  • “Admits to owning such luxurious but questionable items as the 'Darrin's Dance Grooves' video.”
    — Rachel Sklar for The New York Times
  • “Sad but true...”
    — Daily Mirror
  • “A smashing success...”
    — BusinessWeek
  • “The everywoman... who you would want to hang out with, who you would want to be your friend.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “Witty and amusing...”
    — Sunday Mirror
  • “Intriguing, in a scratch-your-head kind of way...”
    — The Charleston Gazette
  • “Jobless, broke and stuck with a queasy cat."
    — The Seattle Times
  • “Entrepreneurial...”
    — South China Morning Post
  • “Laugh-out loud funny...”
    — A Socialite's Life
  • “Chatty and chirpy... with an apartment on East 57th, a cat with a sensitive stomach, and a guilty little secret...”
    — The Independent on Sunday
  • “Professionally perky, easygoing, slightly gushy and, in a disarming way, winsome.”
    — Janelle Brown for Salon.com
  • “A small-town bubbly girl, a winsome lass...”
    — Los Angeles Times
  • “If there's one thing the broke former TV producer has, it's style.”
    — New York Daily News

Watch

My favorite videos:



Chicago Love

  • "No matter where you stand right now - on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut - you need to give yourself the best you have to offer in this moment." — Oprah
  • "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." — Obama
  • In lieu of a quote...
    Let your game speak.
    Failure.
    Tell me. — Jordan
  • "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed." — Kanye
  • "You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running... If you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once." — Harry
  • "You're gonna be doin' alotta doobie rollin' when you're livin' in a van down by the river." — Matt Foley

hit counter code

What I'm Reading Now

Michael lives in my neighborhood. I do not know him but I see him around all the time. This book (his first) was named one of the top 10 best books of 2007 by the NY Times Book Review. He also just won the Impac Dublin Literary Award.

What I Just Read

My rating:

(I need to cry for 5 stars.)

Janelle interviewed me eons ago for Salon.com. She's a sassy lady who's super nice. This is her first novel. It received rave reviews and I loved every minute of it.

Blog Archive

Dec 14, 2006

A Friend's Email to Her Boyfriend's Mother

My friend Kristin sent me the following email. She and her boyfriend Charlie are spending the holidays with his parents in Lake Forest, Illinois, and this email summed up their travel schedule.

Enjoy!

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:34 AM
From: Kristin
To: undisclosed recipients
Subject: Fwd: send to your mom

Dear friends,

Please read the email below. I asked Charlie to look it over and send it to his mother so she had our schedule for the week. My intention was that he ERASE THE TOP PORTION IN CAPS and then forward it on, but he did not read it... he just sent it.

And you all wonder why she hates me...


--- Kristin wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:52:37 -0800 (PST)
> From: Kristin
> To: charlie@xxx.com
> Subject: send to your mom
>
>
> CHARLES I WANT YOUR MOM TO HAVE OUR SCHEDULE SO SHE CAN’T
> BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT KNOWING WHAT WE HAVE ON THE
> AGENDA FOR THE WEEK. I AM NOT GOING TO BE HELD HOSTAGE BY HER
> AGAIN THIS YEAR AND MISS SEEING MY FRIENDS.
>
> THANK YOU
>
> --------------
>
> Hi Jane!
>
> I’m writing about Christmas presents...
>
> In the past 4-5 years, I have given you every cozy thing I can think of... cashmere
> scarves (I believe you have every color at this point), socks, sweat pants, etc. I
> don’t think I can possibly get you any warmer! Please give me an idea of what
> you’d like this year.
>
> Also, I’ve been in touch with some friends that I’d love to see while in Chicago
> over the holiday, and I want to let you know in advance what the schedule is so we
> can plan accordingly. If you want me to cancel any dates... please let me know.
>
> Thu 21 DEC
> Delta 6464*
> NYC-LAGUARDIA @ 100P - ARRIVE CHICAGO-O’HARE @ 235P
>
> We’re yours all afternoon and night.
>
> Friday 22nd
> Charles and I are going to Chicago in the late afternoon to see our friends Melissa
> and Chad.
>
> Saturday 23rd
> Free in the afternoon.
>
> Dinner with Elaine & Fred in LF.
>
> Sunday 24th
> Free
>
> Monday 25th
> Free
>
> Tuesday 26th
> Going to Chicago to see my brother, friend Julie and her husband Barrett. Time
> TBD.
>
> Alison may come to LF for lunch with baby Jack.
>
> Wed 27 DEC
> Delta 6464*
> DEPART CHICAGO-O’HARE @ 310P – ARRIVE NYC-LAGUARDIA @ 620P

© 2004-2009 Karyn Bosnak